Saturday, April 26, 2008

La liberté éclairant le monde


aka...the Statue of Liberty...well at least in our house.

Tonight I went to a church meeting where Lady Liberty was mentioned. I heard the speaker say that she stands in our country as a symbol of refuge to the oppressed people of other lands. The speaker drew the comparison between the statue, as a refuge to the politically oppressed, and the gospel of Jesus Christ, as a refuge to the spiritually oppressed. I do find hope and motivation in studying Jesus Christ's words and life. His gospel does make me feel free and safe.

Yesterday I asked Isaac to take down the statue that he and Theron constructed last week with the intent that I would honor such a masterpiece on our blog. How fitting that I learned a bit of the history of the statue tonight.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Judy said...

Cool Statue! Great post!