Friday, January 11, 2008

Better When We're Together




I can't seem to get enough of my four boys these days.

Trav and I laugh a lot together. I'm exhausted by the end of the day but when we lay down to sleep I don't want the conversation to end. I look forward to a phone call from him mid-day and of course when the king returns home each night the whole castle is in party mode.

Isaac is leading me through an exciting trail of firsts. Isaac has his first loose tooth. Somehow I find that all of his concerns about the tooth fairy's visit melt my heart.

Theron gives the best hugs and I think he secretly hopes that my arms will get stuck to him when I am hugging him, as has happened on several occasions. He doesn't fight or try to squirm away like Isaac, he just giggles uncontrollably and hugs me back. Sometimes I really don't want to let go.

When my sister Allee was a baby I remember hugging her and wanting to squeeze her so tight because she was so cute. I remember that feeling every time I see Charlie. I eat up every moment I have to spend with him. His smiles, squeals, and sqooshy funny faces keep me feeling young as I roll around with him on the floor trying over and over to get him to perform.

I was asked yesterday what I do in my spare time...I try to fill it up with more and more of this. I love these boys.



We intended this photo to be sent out to all of you along with a Christmas greeting but...time slipped away from me too quickly. If you follow our blog you know all about us. If not...then start.
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Judy said...

I love the way your express yourself. It makes me want to go back to the days of a house full of little giggles, little arms, and little kisses. Count yourself blessed that you are so happy and contented.

ellen said...

That's a nice family photo! Happy New Year!!

Anonymous said...

Britt,
I just stinkin' love you, okay? I think those things a lot too, but you wrote it in a way that I couldn't. That was great. That's what I do in my spare time too. It's fun to have spare time to spend like that, isn't it? I just love my job. I really don't get sick of it...it's just to play with Rachel! I'm glad you have such a good life...I'm glad I do too!

Kimberly

Anonymous said...

You may think it's funny that it says "anonymous said..." at the top of the page, but then I signed my name, but I didn't feel like signing in because I can't remember if I have an account, and if I just thought about it, I'm sure there's a way not to have to sign in, but I'm just too tired at the moment! :)

Love you!
Kimberly

Aprilyn said...

Your boys are so cute. I'm so glad you married Trav because you two are perfect for each other. I love playing with my kids too. Sometimes it's hard to play with Marshall because of the many unspoken "rules" in his brain that I haven't figured out yet but I cherish the times when I can hug him and tickle him and laugh with him. Aren't kids the best?!

LoGunns said...

I love your family too:)

I am Laura said...

I was wondering where my card was. I was feeling so unloved. Did you get my card? ------------------


Oh yeah, I didn't send any out either. Your picture looks good and I am glad you are loving life. Don't look at my blog because I am complete opposite right now, but I know things will get better.