Friday, November 9, 2007

Spoonfuls of Stories


I finished this book today for the second time. It's called "Everybody Needs a Rock" by Byrd Baylor with pictures by Peter Parnall. I thought it was pretty cute. It's especially great if you only have...mmm...say...seven minutes to read. Yep! It's a children's book and I found it in our Cheerios box. I really connected with it because I find "special" rocks in the bottom of my washing machine nearly every time I do the laundry. In this book you will discover the key to finding a good rock and that's important because..."Everybody Needs A Rock". My favorite rule is number 6:
  • "The size must be perfect. It has to feel easy in your hand when you close your fingers over it. I has to feel jumpy in your pocket when you run. Some people touch a rock a thousand times a day. There aren't many things that feel as good as a rock-- if the rock is perfect."

No comments: