Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Saved



Our boys know that when a toy breaks in our house it goes in the garbage unless it can easily be fixed. They often come to me and say, matter-of-factly, "Mom, this toy needs to go to the garbage." Well, this army dude made his way upstairs a couple of days ago with one arm missing and the other barely hanging on. I glanced at him and tossed him into the kitchen garbage. As I heard him hit the can I also heard a voice in my head say, "A good soldier never leaves a man behind." Too much Toy Story?? No kidding after hearing it over and over in my head I turned around and pulled the guy right out of the garbage can. Yep, I saved him. How could I not? He has been sitting on our computer desk ever since. What do I do with him now?
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Aprilyn said...

He was wounded in battle but he can still fight!! I'm sure his fellow soldiers need a one-armed army guy around.

Mike and Jen said...

Well did you ask Travis when he is going to be released from the hospital. Does this count as your arm fellowship?