Thursday, October 18, 2007

WHY MANEATER???

**Turn the volume on your computer up for this one!!

Nobody really knows why but our boys love Maneater by Hall & Oates. They ask to listen to it nearly every time we get into the car. It is somewhat of a mystery to them still though.
  • Isaac: "Mom, why is the girl such a mad eater?"
I told Isaac that the song was called MAN eater (this didn't seem to help lower his level of curiosity) and that it was all just a figure of speech. Note some of the lyrics:

She'll only come out at night
The mean and hungry type
The woman is wild
She'll rip your world apart
Watch out boy she'll chew you up

A few days later I heard this conversation from the back of the van:
  • Theron: "Why is she a maneater?"
  • Isaac: "She's not a maneater. It's just a figure of speech."
  • Theron: "It's not a figure of speech, Isaac."
  • Isaac: "It's a figure of speech!"
  • Theron: "IT'S NOT A FIGURE OF SPEECH!"


Powered by eSnips.com

4 comments:

Mary said...

Hey. I'm so glad I found your blog. Now I can keep in touch with your family even though I seem to miss all playgroups and other activities. I've added your blog to the "Friends Blogs I Browse" list. I LOVE the title of your blog. I can't believe how big your baby is getting!

LoGunns said...

This was one of the first songs I can remember along with "We gonna rock down to electric avenue". and that one synthesizer song with no lyrics. Lucky for you they didn't keep asking more questions about the maneater woman;)
By the way, it was really good to talk to you on the phone. We shoudl do that more often.

Ashli said...

I'm glad to have stumbled onto your blog! Your boys are adorable and I hope that we see you at playgroup soon! I added your link to my blog and will check it out often for a laugh..your kids say the cutest things!

LoGunns said...

Abe heard this song while I was checking your blog adn he aske the same question... Why is she a mad eater?