Friday, February 6, 2009

Happy Helpers


I came downstairs after dinner a few nights ago to find my three boys happily working together to unload the dishwasher so they could fill it with dirty dishes. They set up a clever chain--Isaac and Charlie hand the dishes up to Theron who puts them in place in the cupboard. I am so grateful for this kind of help and find it very easy to overlook the disorganized cupboard.

I'm especially grateful that Travis did the dishes last night. I didn't get him in action because he was so quick that it was over before I even knew he had started. My guys treat me right.

After trying to express that it really makes me happy to find hard workers like this Isaac insisted that he take a picture of me so...in fairness...have you ever seen such a happy exhausted looking mommy?
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Natalie said...

Your boys are just too cute! Looks like they are being taught right! You are one lucky mommy/wife!

ellen said...

You are raising some nice boys!

Kari said...

That is so nice of them!! How wonderful!

Unknown said...

OK...when I see my kids doing something like this, my first reaction is always to say "get down" "be careful", "what are you doing?"...it's that first reaction that prevents me from truly enjoying the blessing of children learning about service, helping, and loving each other.

I'm glad you saw that and despite the dangers of climbing up on high counters and potentially breaking dishes and dishwashers...you realized how blessed and lucky you are! Good going!

Aprilyn said...

What great kids. I changed my kitchen around so that the plates, cups, and bowls are down in the bottom cabinets so my kids can reach them. Marshall's job is to empty the dishwasher.
You look very happy and exhausted and beautiful.

Mike and Jen said...

Great picture! I think Isaac has a future in photography! I also think the boys are once again the cutest nephews ever! Thank goodness for helpers. Zoe and Isa like to help put dishes away too. Zoe does pretty good while Isa just pulls them out hands them to me and says thank you. Usually faster than I can put them away!

The*Evans*Family said...

Your boys are so great!